Saturday, March 28, 2009

Snowy Days Have Come Again

It's been steadily sleeting all day and is expected to turn to snow sometime this evening. Forecasts keep changing, so I'm not really sure exactly how much we're supposed to get but I think it's somewhere in the area of several inches. Luckily not a foot or more like other areas of the country are getting!

This picture is of my cousin, taken several years ago when he was three. His little sister had just been born several weeks before, in early December, so they came for Christmas and we got to see her for the first time. Our old dog Maggie was endlessly patient with my little rapscallion cousin, who wouldn't leave her alone for the entirety of his visit. She was the best dog ever and unfortunately died at the ripe old age of 14 last winter. That was about a month before I moved out of the house, to my current life here in the Burg. Oddly enough, with everything that was going on with my parents, it was Maggie's absence that made my home stop being my home. Without her, it was just the place that my parents live. How odd is that?

No comments: