Sunday, March 8, 2009

Morning in Vienna

After reading the blog Merisi's Vienna for Beginners (which has the most beautiful photographs, I highly recommend it), I've been somewhat nostalgic about my brief time in Vienna -- which led to again digging into my old Europe pictures and prizing this one out of the mass. I took this on a bright spring morning in Vienna when a friend and I were on our way to the Hofburg Palace to visit the Spanish Riding School. It was an absolutely beautiful morning with the sun shining down from a sky so impossibly blue it looked unreal, like a painted ceiling in an Italian palazzo. All in all that was a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Merisi said...

Such a wonderful surprise to find an image of a splendid morning in Vienna here, not to mention my name! Thank you very much, that is very kind of you!

I came here to thank you for your comment on my blog. I am looking forward to visiting each other again!

I am going to travel to Rome the day after tomorrow, but after that, towards the end of next week, I shall be back in all Vienna mode on my blog.