Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Rain in Amber

Okay, first it must be said: I LOVE this picture!

I've gotten in the habit of carrying my camera around with me, even to work, and as I was leaving last night I stepped out the back door of the building and saw the picnic table just outside in the alley where the many smokers take their breaks. It had started gently raining shortly before, and as soon as I saw the table I was struck by how the light was reflected in the raindrops. Without moving a step I dug my camera out of my bag, rested my arm on the dumpster next to me, and managed to take a great shot of the rain and the light on the picnic table using only ambient light. The first one was a little blurry, but luckily the second one turned out amazingly well! Yay for great cameras!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Another amazing one! This place has so much meaning, even for me, who was never one of the smokers here. There's a contemplative feel to it—in the light, the rim, the grain of the wood, the deep hues. Yay for Kelsey!