Saturday, June 27, 2009

Back to Life As Usual


I actually can't remember if I've already posted this one, but I don't think so. And even if I did, I'm putting it up now anyway.

I'm glad to be back here, somehow over the last year it's become home to me. It's nice to be free again, and away from the oppressiveness that is my family. I know, they mean well, it's just that they come across as, well, somewhat condescending and superior. Maybe because they're all successful and I'm not? At least, not yet. Right now I'm content to just wait and see what happens with my life while they're all on the fast track to career and family. I'm still exploring my options (actually trying to decide just what those options are) while both my siblings chose a path right out of school and stuck to it, doing fairly well. I know that traditionally the youngest is supposed to be the black sheep of the family, and I guess I'm playing my part well because I'm definitely not the golden child. I'm far from being a troublemaker, or even terribly unusual, I'm just not quite normal enough to fit in easily.

My family likes normal.

No comments: