Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Wisconsin Miserable

I'm back in Wisconsin again; this time because my sister is in town. She flew in for the week to visit our brother as well as the aunt, uncle, and cousins that live nearby. I drove up yesterday, even though I was just here two months ago, because I haven't seen my sister for more than a year. Of course, now that I've been here a full day I'm remembering why I don't like spending time with my family. They more than anyone else make me revert instantaneously back into the spoiled, selfish, childish 5-year-old I once was. Somehow any growing up that I've done disappears and I turn back into the little brat I used to be. I don't like that person, and while I've (for the most part) managed to rid myself of her, she comes back as soon as I'm back with my family and I'm helpless to do anything about it. I guess I'm just not a big enough person to swallow my pride and grow up. It happened today, yet again. Darn it! I think that being 24 is really only a number. I still have a lot of growing up to do.

No comments: