Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Oldies but goodies

Eventually I'll get around to posting those aforementioned more recent pictures, but for now I'm digging deep into the innards of my computer and dragging to life older photos that haven't seen the light of day for ages and posting those.


I took these two in Denmark during my semester there. On this particular day my program took us to Jelling, DK where there are several enormous burial mounds. Apparently Jelling is an ancient burial place for old Norse kings, and then later, like most pagan religious sites, was taken over by Christians who built a church and a Christian cemetery around the mounds and runestones, many of which are still there. It was very atmospheric the day we went, absolutely perfect moody, foggy weather for the subject matter.

No comments: