Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Contradictions

I am a study in contradiction. Nothing about me makes sense. I love art, yet I can't create it. I love to read and hate to write. I'm shy yet bossy. I can never think of anything to say yet sometimes I can't shut up. I love languages and my dream job would be as a translator, but when it comes to actually speaking languages, I'm terrible at it and it's no fun. I'd like to be a reporter but am too shy to succeed at it. I want to travel the world, but I barely leave my apartment. I'm broke and can't stop buying things. I dream about doing things but never take a step towards actually doing them.

So I am actually going to do something. Granted, it doesn't require leaving my apartment, or even my bedroom, but it's a step.

Photography is one of my passions, but I never do anything about it. I hardly ever take pictures, I never even take my good 35 mm. camera out of its case. I've recently started to rectify that, but unfortunately, wanting alone doesn't make me a good photographer. I do, however, occasionally take decent pictures, and I want to share them. So I created this blog (actually, with several intentions, not just this one) as a way to showcase my photographs in the style of a blog I read, akinoluna. (please don't hate me for copying you, akinoluna, as someone once said, "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"!) It's also going to be inspiration to push me to keep taking photographs, because sometimes I let opportunities slip by.

I'd like to try to post a new picture or two every day, but due to my every-changing work schedule, that could be difficult, so I'm going to post a lot now, and then just whenever I get a chance. So here goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelsey:

I also have a bogspot site and found yours today by chance. I'm glad I did. Good work and keep it up! I related strongly to your "contradictions" and maybe that's what makes an artist. I have been a photographer and artist (and teacher of those) for many years - I would encourage you to follow this passion. I'll give you some feedback if you like on some of the photos that have all the elements of an excellent image.

Thanks for your openness - I enjoyed it immensely.

Carol

Kelsey said...

cpriamo,

I would appreciate it immensely if you would give me any feedback/criticism/advice that comes to mind. I'm not sure yet if I want to pursue photography; that is part of the reason for this blog. Thank you for your comment and any future help!

Kelsey