Sunday, July 20, 2008

Aloha Spirit

Another shot from Hawaii. It was so beautiful, I've been to other resorts in other beautiful places, but Hawaii was different somehow. Everything about the island was lovely. Part of the reason I liked it so much wasn't just the beauty, but also the attitude. Hawaii does have its own spirit, that exists nowhere else. I know the phrase "the aloha spirit" is hokey, but it does exist. And to be honest, hokey is fun. We went to a luau, Paradise Cove, which was completely hokey and touristy, and we had a blast. The lesson I learned in Hawaii was that you have to just let go and have fun. because it's impossible to be uptight there. The island doesn't let you. We only went to Oahu on this trip, so someday I'll have to go back and visit the other islands to see if they're the same.

No comments: