Sunday, October 9, 2011

Busier and Busier

Grah!!!! Right now I'm writing as a desperate attempt at procrastination. School has suddenly gotten insanely busy and I have a major report due on the humanitarian crisis in Afghanistan in class at noon tomorrow that I've barely started on. I'm still trying to figure out how to research it because, in case you haven't noticed, everything about Afghanistan is insanely complicated and there's been a ton of stuff written about it in the past decade. Sorting through everything is going to take hours; then I have to actually write the report. Grah!!!!

This past week was nuts too. I spent the first three days of the week buried in the multimedia lab working on a project for Border Beat that was due Wed. evening. I was working on a video on Final Cut Express, which is what took so long. Final Cut is the devil. I can spend two hours shooting a project, then spend 20+ hours in the lab and end up with a 3-minute video. It's insane. I literally spent every minute of those three days when I wasn't in class (or sleeping for the 4 - 5 hours a night I allowed myself) in the lab editing my video.

On the plus side I'm finally starting to master Final Cut. Of course, they did just release a new version this summer that by all accounts is completely different...

I just can't win.

As if that wasn't enough stress, I had a quiz in Persian on Monday, with the oral version on Friday. I hate oral exams! They're so nerve-wracking! Fortunately it ended up being much easier than I had thought it would be, and afterwards my teacher told me that I did okay. Whew. At least that's one less thing to worry about.

Now I just have two presentations, this report, and several more upcoming projects for Border Beat to worry about. Looks like I'm going to be spending a lot more time in the labs...and saying goodbye to sleep!

Grad school is hard.

No comments: