Saturday, April 30, 2011

I was published in a major national newspaper!

I got published by the New York Times!!!!!!!!

It's not an actual piece of journalism, unfortunately, although that would have been too awesome for words.

Remember the scholarship essay I published below? There was an article in the New York Times Travel section a few weeks ago asking for readers to submit short essays about why they travel, and since my essay was on a similar theme, I figured what the hell.

So I submitted it.

Then this week I got an email from the Travel desk telling me that my essay, along with several others, had been chosen out of almost 400 to be published! An edited version of my essay will be in the print version of the Travel section of the Times this Sunday. It can also be found on the NY Times website here.

FYI, it's the fourth and last one, titled (not by me), "At Home in Kabul." And this is an edited version of what I submitted, which is the same as shown several posts earlier on this blog.

1 comment:

Merisi said...

Congratulations, Kelsey,
that is so wonderful!
You'll see, in due time, they will publish an actual piece of journalism. I keep my fingers crossed!