Monday, April 4, 2011

For Love of Anthropologie

I've recently become enamored of the monthly catalogs sent out by Anthopologie. I accidentally got several in the mail last fall, addressed to a previous tenant of my apartment. Before then, I had never seen one of their catalogs and therefore never before realized how utterly amazing they are.

Anthropologie is the only commercial clothes line I know of that turn their catalog and photos into works of art, instead of merely showcasing their products. I ended up subscribing to receive their catalog because I love looking through it so much.

I've never ordered anything from it, and I doubt I will any time in the near future, simply because of the extravagant prices, but I love a lot of what they have almost as much as I love the way they photograph it.

I particularly like the retro, old Hollywood glamour look they've got going on in the current April catalog. Check out these photos from this issue below to see what I mean.







Natalie One-Piece
$158
(I absolutely adore this suit -- it makes me wish I had an extra $160 lying around!)



Grand Coast Cover-Up
$648

No comments: