Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Classic, and Classy

My old roommate J was back in town yesterday and today, to visit and also to pick up some of her stuff that wouldn't fit in the U-Haul when she moved out. It had to get left behind temporarily, but now it's going home again. But it's not all gone yet! I still have custody of two chairs, a TV stand, and a few other odds and ends. Oh well. I'm using most of it, so it's not exactly in the way. It was great seeing J again; sometimes I forget how much I miss her until I talk to her again, or in this case, see her again. I'm sad she could only stay overnight--after living with someone for two years of your life, it's hard not seeing them regularly, and she's such a great friend.

I just started fiddling with the black-and-white function on my camera, which I love because black-and-white is my favorite form of photograph, and being able to switch back and forth from color to monochrome is one of the definite perks of digital cameras. I just love the way everything looks so much more dramatic and sophisticated with black-and-white, whereas it might be rather blah in color.

If you're also a fan of monochrome, I highly recommend you check out the awesome blog Monochrome Weekly Theme (formerly known as Monochrome Monday). It showcases some fantastic black-and-white photos taken around the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you - shooting in B&W is far better than converting from colour. It requires a different 'eye'.
Nice to have you aboard the Mono train.