Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Chronicles of Copenhagen

I just replied to an email from my sister asking for advice about places to visit in Copenhagen, and suggestions for any "typical souvenirs" people buy in Denmark. A coworker of hers is going to Copenhagen for two days next week for work, and so my sister emailed me on her behalf asking for advice. Well, I don't think they quite had in mind the book I emailed back. I realize that she's only going to be in the city for two days, and since she's going for work she'll be busy most of the time, but I couldn't help myself! I LOVE THAT CITY!!!

But do you want to know the bad part? When I opened that email and read the message, I had to sit back and actively try to think of places to send this nameless, faceless co-worker of my sister's. I sat there for a minute thinking, and at first nothing came to mind! I spent four months in that city, I lived, breathed, loved Copenhagen and three years later I can't think of any of the main tourist attractions!

Luckily, however, after a minute a few of my favorite places came to mind, and once I started to list them they just kept coming, hence the really long email I ended up sending.

The whole process just made me really homesick for my city, so I pulled out my disks of pictures from that semester in CPH and started looking through them. I just can't say this enough, so here I go again: I LOVE COPENHAGEN!!!!!!!

The picture above is from that city and that semester, I don't know where I was in the city when I took it. I was on my way to the Black Diamond (the nickname for the National Library) at the very end of the term for the program's closing convocation when I took this, so it's somewhere in that general vicinity.

No comments: