Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Seuss-like

I was once told that this particular shot was reminiscent of Dr. Seuss, which I choose to take as a compliment. In reality, I took it at a resort in Mexico's Riviera Maya. My family went there for a vacation a couple winters ago, and had a great time. I highly recommend it. It's about a half hour/45 minutes south of Cancun, and much better! The resort itself was in progress; it was still partially under construction but mostly finished, and it was really nice. I'd love to go back there. The only downside was that the area is also still under construction. There are only a few resorts there that are spaced out pretty far from each other, so there's no walking from one to another like you can in Cancun, or to the nearby beach town, Playa del Carmen. However, on the plus side, Playa del Carmen is AWESOME! It's got tons of fantastic restaurants, shops, everything on a main walking street, Las Quintas. It's about a 10 minute taxi ride from the resort we were staying at, but apparently they plan to put in a path there from the resort and provide golf carts or something, so that obstacle will be eliminated.

No comments: