Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hope Cemetery

There's an old cemetery up the road from my building; I used to drive by it all the time when I was at at school but I'd never really been in. It's small, but pretty. Last spring I went walking there one day, on a gorgeous afternoon, to take pictures. Most of my shots didn't turn out too well, but several of the beautiful blooming trees did. This one, I was surprised and initially annoyed to find was blurry, but on a second look I realized I actually really liked it like this. If any of you think it's slightly odd that I patronize cemeteries, well, maybe it is, but I like cemeteries--for the same reason I like churches, even though I'm not at all religious and am in fact somewhere between atheist and agnostic. I like cemeteries. They're peaceful, and often beautiful: same with churches. Plus I just love the name of this particular graveyard: Hope Cemetery. How beautiful is that?

No comments: