Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pedicures, pizza, and hot firefighters!

Today was a great day! My roommate J and I both had the day off work, so while she had a few errands to run I slept in, finally woke up to a beautiful fall day, drank my coffee and ate my bagel, then laid in bed in my wonderful light-filled room and spent some time watching funny videos on youtube. Eventually I got up and got in the shower late in the afternoon, and while I was in there rocking to some classic '80s music I decided that I wanted to do something today. Eventually that evolved into the specific urge to get a pedicure. So I suggested that to J when I got out, and she was all for it, so we went and got pedicures! Yay for pedicures! That was only the second one I've ever had, and J had never gotten one before, but we've decided to make it a monthly tradition. Then, when we got back, we both still wanted to do something and considered going to jazz night, but we both had to work early in the morning so instead we settled on ordering in pizza and finishing off the bottle of wine in the fridge while watching the new Indiana Jones movie that I just got on Netflix today. We usually get pizza from Papa John's, but J said she felt like thin crust today, so instead we ordered it from a local pizza house here, which is really good but we've never ordered out from there before. Lo and behold, when the doorbell rang I flung it open to find, instead of the pizza guy we expected, there were two good-looking firefighters standing there! Needless to say, I was confused. It turns out this is Fire Prevention Week or some such event so a couple local restaurants are doing a promotional thing with the fire department where when someone orders food, the fire department comes and checks to make sure their smoke detectors are in working order. If they are, then the pizza is free! So since our smoke and carbon monoxide detectors were working fine, we got a free pizza! Hot firefighters bearing free pizza! What more could a girl ask for? Seriously?

No comments: