Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow, snow, and more snow!

It's been snowing like crazy all day today, it only stopped around 6 and now we have 3 or 4 inches on the ground. Driving was lots of fun! Luckily, I have a small SUV with four-wheel-drive or I would have gotten stuck several times. The roads quickly deteriorated after only a few hours of snow, but me being me, I was determined to make to the store to pick up Generation Kill, which came out today. I had originally planned to stop by after work, but I was worried that the snow wouldn't stop in time and the roads would be impassable, so I ran out on my half-hour lunch break to get it. I didn't have too much trouble, I just kicked my car into four-wheel-drive the whole way, and that pretty much took care of everything. I only had one small problem: I got overconfident. I started to take a corner too quickly and slid all the way over across the road. Luckily the street was empty so there was no one to run into, and the slide stopped just before I hit the curb, so no damage. Just an attitude check to me.

No comments: