Saturday, December 13, 2008

Dust of Snow

More Hope Cemetery. Sorry, I took so many pictures that one day that I'll be posting them for weeks. Plus I never have time to go out and take new ones, so these are all I have until I get another day off.

I'm going home next weekend. Well, more accurately, I'm going to my hometown next weekend. As my parents are no longer there and my old house now sits empty, it doesn't qualify as "home" any more. I'm staying with a friend while I'm there, and planning to meet up with all my other friends who will be home as well. I think it's going to be really strange, going back to my hometown where I grew up, lived all my life until I left for college (but still came back to for breaks and after graduation), where my parents grew up and lived all their lives, where my only living grandparent still resides, and where my dad's entire family lives, as a visitor. You know the old saying, "home is where the heart is"? Well, I hate that saying. It's corny and trite and cliche. But annoyingly true. My home is now wherever I am. I have my apartment, my cats, and (for now, at least) my roommate. THAT is home. There's another saying; "You can never go home again". I always thought that was crap, but now I know: it is true.

No comments: