Friday, September 6, 2013

Kabul job update

I didn't get the job.

But I came really close! In the end it was between me and another person and since they actually had grant writing experience while I didn't, they beat me out for the position.

But I was stoked that I even came that close to getting it, so I'm still looking for that elusive job that will bring me back to Kabul.

Here's a funny story: the last time I talked to Maryam she said that Zalaykha might need someone to help with Zarif Design, so she would talk to her to find out and wanted to know how much salary I would need. When I pointed out that I have loans due and finding a place to live in Kabul would be expensive, her response was:

"That's okay, you can live with my family so you don't have to worry about that."

!  

:P

I love Maryam, she's so freaking adorable. And I absolutely adore her family and would love to stay with them, but being 13, I don't think she quite realizes what she would be putting them in for by making that offer.

I love how excited all the girls are about me wanting to move back to Kabul, and how enthusiastic they get about 'helping' me find a job.

I really do miss them all so much.

No comments: