Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Rowing Through the Very Heart of It

Amazingly enough, I took this photo in the heart of New York City -- Central Park. It's probably one of my favorite images from the trip, mostly due to the incongruity that lies at the heart of the image as well as the city itself. New York is unlike anywhere I've ever been before.

As my friend who visited with me told me on arrival,

"This is New York. Anything goes."

That is very true, and as a result, contradictions flourish everywhere. And I love contradictions.

Probably because I am one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Us contradictions must stick together...:)
Good image.

Anonymous said...

Yes, a nice image and we are contradictions as we shoot B&W in a digital color world. I stubbornly stick with film, a real contradiction.

michael bird said...

Lovely photo, Kelsey. The way you have captured the water, it appears as if it will turn the corner and run on forever. Don't expect it does.

ElinSire said...

I missed this last week, but it's a very good image! Like it :)

Alexa said...

I'm leaving this after the fact too—but I just love this image!