Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Jubilant

I'm not really sure why I put this picture up, the only explanations I can offer are that I like the angles, and I'm really tired.

Today has been a loooooong day. I worked from 7am-5pm, yes, another 10-hour day--which also meant that I missed all the inauguration hoopla. That was really disappointing; I've been looking forward to this day since Nov. 4th! However, at work we keep a radio/CD player in the kitchen, and luckily Obama's speech came during a lull in the meeting we were catering, so my roommate and I were able to actually listen to Obama being sworn in and then giving his inaugural address live, while it was actually happening, rather than just catching repeats on CNN later. Of course, as soon as we got home we made a beline for the TV, instantly tuning it to CNN and collapsing on the couch with our eyes glued to the screen, not to move for several hours (aside from answering the door to pay the pizza delivery guy, of course).

My reaction to the day's events in DC?

Fantastic. Absolutely fantastic.

No comments: